Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Saturday Pickup - 1/17/09

Hey folks! A (slight) curve ball this week. While not limping about the field, Jerry Keister patrols the DiscNW bulletin boards in shark-like fashion. And he happened upon this little bit of fluff and dander:

http://www.discnw.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1761

and thought it would be an interesting opportunity to vary our winter schedule. So, the thought is to take a field trip (caravan style) up north to play on the lush turf fields in Georgetown (South Seattle) and show those Seattle folks what ultimate really looks like. Fields are scheduled from 1pm-5pm.

For this particular occasion, if you're interested in heading up, in addition to the standard Definitely, Definitely Not, Maybe blather, post a comment and we can work out carpool arrangements, etc...

And because any ultimate road trip almost begs for post game beverages, how bout a post game stop to top off the day? Nine Pound Hammer is about two minutes from the fields and sounds great (I have to admit that the allure for me is Georgetown Brewing's 9 Lb Porter, although if folks have a preference for elsewhere, I can satisfy that particular curiosity by a quick stop for a growler to go at Georgetown Brewing itself...)

http://www.ninepoundhammer.com/

9 comments:

Joshua Hiltunen said...

To get the ball rolling, I'm in for sure.

Unknown said...

Likely down.

mamaflew said...

I would like to testify that Georgetown offers a SERIES of fine eating and drinking establishments (depending on your definition of fine, right?) This includes Jules Maes (atmosphere and PBR tall boys), Smarty Pants (drooling at the thought of their sandwiches), and Stellar (amazing pizza and kid friendly).

TacomaJerry said...

Forget pickup, I'm just going for the food!

Andrew said...

I'll be there!

mamaflew said...

I'll be there from 1-3, bringing Campbell to play. Looking forward to it!

What about Monday? The man had a dream, sure it was different from a dream about ultimate but ...

Hot Dish said...

I'm game if I can get a ride. However I would not (legally) be able to get drinks after.... I'll see what I can do to convince the other ups kids.

If you want to volunteer a ride:

cbrink@ups.edu
612.655.4512

Sapo said...

Monday: is pick up happening?

TacomaJerry said...

I heard Monday pickup at Mason Middle school (with PDC as back up) at 11am.

Not official yet, so check back for a post here.